Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Free parking space! Not.

So, Friday morning, I'm having coffee in Old Town with my friend Chris, and we hung out for about an hour and a half. Then we parted ways for our respective cars.

As I approached my car I notice: MY BACK LICENSE PLATE IS MISSING!!


I can't swear that it didn't happen earlier while it was parked on my street, but I think I would have noticed it when I got into the car that morning. The irony, assuming that it was stolen on Cameron Street is that I didn't park in a garage or even at a meter on a more populated street because that spot was FREE. Not anymore!
I reported it to the police, so the plates are registered as stolen. But I'll have to replace them, because even as I type this, I'm imagining thieves in a scary masks on a major heist using my plate on their getaway car.

Plus the DMV requires it. And I have to go there in person and everything!


That was one expensive parking space.

On a positive note, being between jobs means I have plenty of time to stand in line....

No comments: